I've been seeing a few Christmas/New Year wish lists on other blogs, so thought I'd attempt one.
My wish list for 2006 (and we all know I am the anti-Santa-woman who makes small children lose all the joy of Christmas by telling them SANTA IS A LIE, so this is not addressed to Santa) :
- for my family and friends to have good health and happiness ( I feel obliged to put this one in first, so as to seem like a Good Person)
- for Fatty to photograph a rare bird, not seen in the wild for years, until spotted by him. Perhaps he could be recognised for this find in a highly esteemed bird reference book.
- for my dear son to sleep past sun-up; for him to have bucketloads of fun AFTER 6 am and BEFORE 7:30 pm. There is to be no having fun any time outside the specified hours.
- for my sweet daughter to have plenty of friends next year when she goes to school; for her to work out a way of coping when she gets told by one of them, "I'm not your friend anymore". I've been thinking maybe I could wrap Laura up in bubblewrap and send her to school sort of mummified like that so no-one can hurt her. Physically, the bubblewrap would protect her, and if anyone said anything upsetting, she wouldn't HEAR it because of the bubblewrap. (Am I full of great ideas or what?)
- for my dog to stop climbing up on the kitchen table to eat leftovers whenever we leave the room. HA! Fat chance. Fat beagle actually.
- for my friends to know how much I cherish them, and for my family to feel adored by me.
- for all you lovely blog-friends to keep writing, and to keep letting me write to you. It's an unusual way to get to know other people, but I am finding it SO much fun!
I am very thankful that there is really nothing I need for Christmas. And despite this list, the main thing I'm wishing for this Christmas is just to spend it with those I love. May all who are reading this be blessed with a Christmas with loved ones, too.