Things that have happened today:
1) I got to sleep in til eight am!!! (did you get that - I said EIGHT am). Fatty took pity on me, because Benjamin had woken through the night with bad dreams, and I was the attending parent. I haven't slept that late in months!
2) I bought some beads and baubles and a silver, bell-dangling metallic Christmas tree centrepiece from a 'cheap stuff shop' this morning, to decorate our dining table on Christmas Day. Apart from the silver, stylised Christmas tree, everything else is rich blue and hot pink. Fatty is appalled. I think they look funky.
3) I bought some fairly expensive sneakers, lured by the canny salesperson into spending almost twice what I'd planned to. But WOW are they comfortable. My previous, ancient shoes, had begun to cause my right 3rd to 5th toes to go numb during exercise. That didn't seem to be a good sign. Hence new shoes.. and fully operational toes, hooray!
4) I ate trifle for a mid-morning snack. There was no-one to tell me I shouldn't. I love being a grown-up.
5) Fatty, who is such a good sport dad, erected our 5-man tent in the back yard, simply because the kids asked if he would. This is where I admire Fatty so much - he will go above and beyond the call of duty, just to please his kids. I would have thought it all sounded too hard, on a hot day, and would have said no, not today ( which as all kids know means probably never). In any case, there is now a large purple tent standing darkly in our backyard. The kids wanted to sleep in it, but they're a bit little to sleep unattended all night (and on this one, Fatty was strangely reticent to volunteer for overnight tent duty!). Maybe the beagle will flop there for the night.
Speaking of flopping for the night.... goodnight all. I hope you are having/have had (depending on where you are in the world!) a happy weekend.