I've been tagged, supposedly to write about 5 weird habits of mine. However, this would just be too gross.... like if I mentioned how I scratch my scalp when I'm stressed, sometimes to the point of causing scabs ....see what I mean? Just too nausea-inducing. So I'm going to cheat a little (sorry Mackeydoodle!)
So instead here are 5 facts (whether they're weird or not I couldn't really say):
1) I used to be very superstitious... and would always say 'Touch wood' to ward off bad luck. Then one day at work, I was talking to an elderly patient of mine on the phone about her upcoming operation. I wished her all the best, and told her I'd see her when she came home from hospital. As I said this, I touched the wood of my desk, just to 'keep her safe'.
A week later, I received a letter from the hospital. There had been post-operative complications, and my patient had died.
I realised then that all this superstitious hoo-ha was just silly and pointless. I'll never forget that lady, either.
2) I have 2 half-siblings, as my father remarried after my parents' divorce. One of my half-siblings is less than 2 years older than my own daughter.
3) I used to have really buck teeth. Horsey teeth. Very large teeth, too (all the better to eat you with, my dear). After some serious orthodontic work as a child, I've lost the equine look. And my face has grown to suit the teeth, too. Although that could just be my healthy self-esteem kicking in and deluding me!
4) I expect a LOT from people. Like loyalty, attention, generosity and fairness at all times. I know this is not my best trait. The only good thing about my high expectations is that my two closest friends and husband are the most wonderful people you could ever meet (obviously they had to be, to meet the Jellyhead Stipulations!).
5) I am short-sighted, tongue-tied and knock-kneed. (Apart from that I'm a prime physical specimen)
OK, that's more than enough divulging! I won't 'tag' anyone else, but anyone who feels like confessing THEIR weirdnesses, be my guest. (keeping it clean, of course!!)